Re-Elect Councillor Jessica keen &
Re-Elect Councillor Ian Mutton
Things that we will fight for:
- Our Community
- Traffic and Transport
- Focus North Sydney
- Our Environment
- Community voice on overdevelopment.
- Strong advocacy to preserve our villages; strong local community focus.
- More Parklands for passive and active recreation.
- Deliver more options for local sporting groups to efficiently utilise existing grounds and facilities.
- Advocacy for more open space/parklands for our community to enjoy.
- Advocate for building a park over the Warringah Freeway option.
- Community Centre Services.
- Work with the local community health networks to build on the support and care network to new parents and families in the community.
- Community Open Space
- Advocate more open space street/pedestrian options in our villages to create open and attractive community space
Traffic & Transport
- Pedestrian safety/safety within close proximity to schools and preschools.
- Promote traffic calming and pedestrian safety features to enhance pedestrian safety.
- Including a focus on the before and after school provider venues.
- Beaches Link / Western Harbour Tunnel
- Minimise Western Harbour Tunnel traffic impacts through the North Sydney CBD
- Support closing Miller Street between Pacific Highway and Berry Street to enhance community open space in the CBD
- Advocate changes to the Beaches Link plan. Advocate for filtration/ ventilation and consideration of the positioning of the stacks to be away from schools and preschools.
- Cycling Paths & Ramps
- Support for effective and safe solutions for cycling within North Sydney by striving for a balance between community needs, maintaining our limited green space and infrastructure.
Focus on North Sydney
- North Sydney as a premium destination
- Promote North Sydney as a talent hub to attract and retain sustainable long-term jobs with a focus on improved day and night-time CBD amenities.
- Encourage national and international sporting events to be held in North Sydney.
- Establish a ‘Promote North Sydney Small Business’ program. Create a network to promote their businesses to locals and visitors via walking routes to increase patronage.
- Advocate the incorporation of sustainability features into the built environment, particularly for new buildings.
- Encouraging whole of LGA roll out of composting bins
- Committing to explore the latest methods and technologies to enable the community to be sustainable in the long term e.g. Solar, batteries, other renewables
Over the next Council term, the overarching issue for North Sydney is the expected development and infrastructure growth.
It is about balance. Now more than ever North Sydney needs experienced Councillors within the local community that have commercial experience to negotiate on behalf of all residents, businesses and rate payers. We need a Council that will not only stand up for the community against the impact of State Government decisions, but with the ability and skill to negotiate fair and reasonable outcomes.
Drop me an email email@example.com or call anytime 0404 024 474.
Authorised by Ian Mutton, 501/2 Dind Street Milsons Point NSW 2061. Telephone +61 416270022